Mon, 06 Sept|
Workshop - Making the Grade: Zero Waste Grading Strategies
Workshop by Liz Haywood
Time & Location
06 Sept 2021, 14:30 – 16:30 CEST
About the Event
You are all in luck! Our community's very own Liz Haywood is bringing our next workshop, Making the Grade: Zero Waste Design Strategies to you live on September 6th, 2021.
Grading refers to the process of turning a sample size into additional smaller or larger sizes. This is a two hour long workshop discussing grading strategies for zero waste layouts.
We'll be covering:
- Traditional grading, including plus-sizes, with a refresher course on skirts, trousers and top/sleeves.
- The importance of your size chart.
- Why we should aim for an inclusive size range.
- Some ways to offer sizing flexibility in a zw pattern beyond an inclusive size range.
- How to fit-test your ZW grading.
- Grading extended sleeve and square-cut garments, as these are often used in zw.
- Some grading strategies for zero waste cutting layouts, with plenty of examples!
- Some examples of Liz's zw grading failures, and why.
Type of event: Online
Date: Monday, September 6th 2021
Time: 5.30am PDT / 8.30am EST / 2.30pm CEST / 10pm ACST
Duration: 2 hours
Price: €29 / 50% discount for students
- your access to the online workshop
- your access to the workshop recording
- a PDF handout
Event Access: Once your registration is completed, you'll receive an email with the link to access the session.
What should you bring? Paper, pens, rulers, tape measure, and your best energy!
Join us for this amazingly informative and practical course which will aid in your Zero Waste pattern making journey. We look forward to seeing you there!
- ZWDO Team
Early Bird - Workshop Access
For the first 20 registrations
Student - Workshop Access